LEARN ABOUT US
Family Promise assists working families with children who are temporarily homeless. Learn how we work with the local Bergen County community, churches and synagogues to lend a hand to those in need.
If you are a working family with dependent children and are facing homelessness, please call the Family Promise office at 201-833-8009 for more information.
All others call 211, United Way’s Help Line for additional referrals.
Take action today and become a volunteer. There are many opportunities for individuals, groups and congregations. We have 24 host congregations and 50 support congregations throughout Bergen County that receive families in our program. Your help can make a difference in someone’s life. Click here to find an opportunity that is right for you.
The problem of poverty is complex but you can help with a simple donation of any amount.
To see our Wish List, click here.
Featured Blog Articles
Family Promise of Bergen County hosted its 15th annual golf outing on June 10 at the Edgewood Country Club in River […]
When we asked Maddy Santangelo why she chose Family Promise, she said “Because it helps families stay together. They help the whole family even […]
Congratulations to Tom and Carol Rakowski of Mahwah who won the grand prize in the Family Promise Super 50/50 Raffle. All 600 tickets […]
On January 17th, Joan Duryea, a parishioner of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Hackensack called the office and said that, after their congregation had […]
Family Promise reminds you of the partnership with the NE Laser Vein Institute of Ridgewood. The NE Laser Vein Institute donates all of the proceeds from one day of service per month to ensure that homeless families obtain the services they need to return to self-sufficiency. Please call the Family Promise of Bergen County office at (201) 833-8009 for the current monthly special.
Bogota Savings Bank has again shown its commitment to supporting the needs of the community by supporting the work of Family Promise. Led by President Joseph Coccaro, Bogota Savings Bank is a regular donor and golf outing sponsor and we are grateful for their continued support. Joe is seen here with Kate Duggan who accepted a check for $2,500.
Listen to comments from former Network residents and volunteers. They give helpful hints to make everyone more comfortable and enhance your volunteer experience. Click here to watch the video
Did You Know?
- 40% of the homeless population is families with children.
- The problem of poverty is complex. More than 15% of children in NJ live below the poverty line.
- At minimum wage, a person would have to work 3½ full-time jobs to afford the fair market rent of a two-bedroom apartment in Bergen County.
- Family Promise is the only organization in Bergen County sheltering working families while they work to overcome the crisis of homelessness.
- The Family Promise Network is an opportunity for volunteers of all ages and walks of life to extend hospitality and transform lives. To view a video about the Interfaith Hospitality Network click here.
- Our strategy is a holistic, integrated approach that begins with meeting immediate needs but reaches much further to help people achieve independence and to alleviate the root causes of poverty.