Individual OpportunitiesFamily Promise of Bergen County relies on volunteers for a variety of jobs. We have a database to keep track of volunteers with special talents, for example: financial consultant, resume writer, mover, tutor, dentist, painter, etc. All volunteers are encouraged to inform us of any skills that they possess that they might be willing to share, on an “as needed” basis.
Please see the list below for ongoing volunteer needs.
- Advocacy: Become aware of pending legislation affecting the homeless and contact your local Government representatives on their behalf. Ask to join our mailing list for updates.
- Event Help: Help ensure the success of our fundraising events. Plan, publicize, sponsor, or help with “day of the event” responsibilities. Visit the Events Tab of our website for more information on upcoming events.
- Financial Consultant: Assist families with budgets, debt management, and credit repair.
- Home Repairs/Painting: Perform light repairs and/or maintenance work or painting projects at the Family Center and transitional apartments on an “as needed” basis.
- Mailings: Help with special appeals/quarterly mailings done in-house. Many hands needed.
- Marketing/Public relations: Help publicize the mission of Family Promise. Writing and social media expertise a big plus.
- Movers: Individuals with large vehicles/trucks to help move furniture in and out of transitional housing when needed.
- Office Support Volunteers: Answer telephones, assist with mailings, and/or assist with special projects. Computer literacy necessary.
- Photographer: Skilled volunteer with own camera to take photos at Family Promise Programs and events.
- Realtor: Use your expertise to work with families as they seek affordable housing.
- Weekend Volunteers: Individuals needed on a monthly or as needed basis to staff the Family Center on weekends. Engage children in activities if needed. Morning and afternoon shifts available.
- Workplace Readiness: Individuals needed to assist with resume building, job search strategies, interview skills, and computer training.