Are you looking for Bergen County volunteer opportunities? Family Promise of Bergen County relies on volunteers for a variety of jobs. We keep a database of volunteers in Bergen County who have special talents and skills, such as: resume writing, child care, health and wellness, carpentry, administrative skills, etc.
All homeless shelter volunteers are encouraged to inform us of any skills that they possess and can share, on an “as needed” basis. Family Promise is always seeking individuals with professional expertise who are willing to volunteer with programs for homeless families in Bergen County and to provide necessary services such as lawyers, dentists, pediatricians or psychologists.
Please see the list of ways you can help by volunteering with Family Promise of Bergen County:
- Homeless Shelter Food Distribution Volunteering: Family Promise currently has volunteer opportunities at our Walk-In Dinner Program in Hackensack. The meal distribution program in Englewood ended on October 16, 2020. Board President Paul Shackford is scheduling each week’s volunteers. Learn more
- Homeless Shelter Fundraising Event Help: Help ensure the success of our fundraising events. Plan, publicize, sponsor, or help with “day of the event” responsibilities. Learn about Family Promise events
- Volunteer for Homeless Shelter Mailings: Help with special appeals/quarterly mailings done in-house. Many hands needed.
- Family Homeless Shelter Marketing Public relations Volunteering: Help publicize the mission of Family Promise. Writing, graphic design, website, and social media expertise is a big plus.
- Homeless Shelter Office Administration Volunteers: Answer telephones, assist with mailings, and/or assist with special projects. Computer literacy necessary.
- Volunteer Homeless Shelter Home Repairs and Painting: Perform light repairs and/or maintenance work or painting projects at the Family Center and transitional apartments on an “as needed” basis,
- Homeless Shelter Photographer Volunteering: Skilled volunteer with own camera to take photos at Family Promise Programs and events.
- Volunteer as a Realtor for a Local Homeless Shelter: Use your expertise to work with families as they seek affordable housing.
- Homeless Shelter Career Center: Help individuals prepare themselves for the workforce. Volunteer at our homeless shelters for family and provide much needed assistance with resume building, job search strategies, interview skills, and computer training.
- Weekend Volunteers for Homeless Shelters in Bergen County, NJ: Individuals needed on a monthly or as needed basis to staff the Family Center on weekends. Engage children in activities if needed. Morning and afternoon shifts available.