Hike for Hope
The Hike for Hope is going VIRTUAL!
For more than 20 years, people have been coming together every May to Hike for Hope (Hike or Bike in years past) in support of the homeless working families we serve at Family Promise. This year, we will come together again – stronger than ever – via the VIRTUAL HIKE FOR HOPE!
The concept is simple – register, form a team, invite friends and family to join and raise funds for Family Promise – all done “virtually” online, as usual! We have lowered the registration fee to $25 per household – which applies whether you are a couple, family with children, etc.
Missing connecting with family and friends not in your home? Form a team and invite other households to join you – all in the spirit of coming together “virtually” to help local families in need. The “Hike” part is up to you – walk around your yard, walk on the treadmill, count your steps – be creative while practicing social distancing! Try to make your effort the equivalent of 3 miles.
Please complete your Hike for Hope and all fundraising by May 17th – great prizes will be awarded for top fundraisers! Every dollar raised via the Hike for Hope will help homeless working families have hope for a brighter future.
We will be posting our fundraising progress on social media – stay tuned for weekly contests, prizes, videos and more! Speaking of social media, when you register and form your team, please send us a photo or short video (15 seconds or less) of your team showing your enthusiasm in being a part of the Virtual Hike for Hope! We will post as many as we can on our Instagram – and top fundraisers will be posted on Facebook as well!
Send photos or videos to email@example.com
Please note: Any photos or videos submitted may be featured in Family Promise of Bergen County promotional material/media, including social media posts, emails, website and brochure. You may indicate if you want names omitted (or please provide us with a non-identifying team name).
Ready to get Virtual and help families in our community? Get online, get set and go!
- Register and follow steps to form a team or join an existing team. $25 per household of any size.
- Invite family and friends to join your team! Set team fundraising goals – prizes for top fundraisers!
- After registering, follow steps to create your own fundraising page. Encourage team members to do the same.
- Share your fundraising page via social media, text or email. Let people know why supporting Family Promise is important to you and ask them to donate to your Virtual Hike for Hope. You can also use the sponsor form and collect checks. Please send all checks in by May 17, 2020.
- Follow us, stay connected and share via social media! (facebook and instagram)
- Complete your Hike for Hope on or before May 17th. Have a great time, be safe and support Family Promise!
Important Note: Children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult on your Hike for Hope.
Great community service activity for youth and teens.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Sponsor/Donation form – track your donations and submit with checks (no cash please as all donations that are made online must be sent via mail). Please make checks payable to Family Promise of Bergen County.
Please mail all checks by May 17, 2020 to:
Family Promise of Bergen County
Hike for Hope
100 Dayton Street, Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Contact Jane He at email@example.com with questions, or to find out about sponsorship opportunities (please do not call the office with questions– we are working remotely).
Honoring Adam Rosignolo
At the Hike for Hope, we honor and remember Adam Rosignolo, a dedicated volunteer who, as a teen, spearheaded the efforts of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Teaneck to help the homeless of Bergen County. Read Adam’s inspiring story.