Food Distribution Volunteer Opportunities
Family Promise currently has volunteer opportunities at our Walk-In Dinner Program in Hackensack. Board President Paul Shackford is scheduling each week’s volunteers.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED. Masks still required. Proof of vaccination required in advance of day of service.
The Walk-In Dinner in Hackensack requires about 45 minutes inside where all volunteers pack up donated meals. Then, some trained volunteers deliver meals (never alone) to local motels while others distribute meals at the loading dock. (Location is the Housing Health and Human Services Center, 120 South River Street.)
VOLUNTEERS MUST BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE.
- Involves at least two hours of standing.
- The commitment is 3:15-6pm. Program runs seven days a week.
- Volunteers MUST be over 18 years of age.
- Hats, masks, and gloves are required. This is for everyone’s safety. Bring and wear a hat and mask. Gloves will be provided.
- Signed COVID waivers are required plus a screening questionnaire at the front entrance.
Anyone with underlying health conditions or compromised health is respectfully asked not to volunteer.
For questions or for more information, or to be added to the list of volunteers, please contact Director of Volunteers Margo Heller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are scheduled each week for the following week. The schedule is done one week at a time.
Please send the following information when emailing:
- Email and cell phone number
- Where you heard about this opportunity
- Available days
- If you are willing to be on a driving team