Food Distribution Volunteer Opportunities
Family Promise currently has volunteer opportunities at our Walk-In Dinner Program in Hackensack.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED. Masks are still required. Proof of vaccination is required in advance.
All volunteers pack up donated meals. Then, two volunteers deliver meals to local motels while others distribute meals in the dining room and at the loading dock. (Location is the Housing, Health and Human Services Center, 120 South River Street). A total of eight volunteers are scheduled each day, including a Team Leader.
VOLUNTEERS MUST BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE.
- Involves at least two hours of standing.
- The commitment is 3:15-6pm. Program runs seven days a week.
- Volunteers MUST be over 18 years of age.
- Hats, masks, and gloves are required. This is for everyone’s safety. Bring and wear a hat and mask. Gloves will be provided.
- Signed COVID waivers are required plus a screening questionnaire at the door.
For questions or for more information, please contact Director of Volunteers Margo Heller, email@example.com.
Volunteers are scheduled each week for the following week, (Sunday through Saturday). The schedule is done one week at a time by Beth Falker, firstname.lastname@example.org. People volunteer one day, multiple days, or some weeks not at all. It’s very flexible.
Please send the following information when emailing Margo or Beth:
- Email and cell phone number
- Where you heard about this opportunity
- Available days
- If you are willing to be on a driving team
- Proof of vaccination
- Signed COVID waiver (download here)