Have a good time and help homeless working families on Sunday, May 1st, when Family Promise of Bergen County has its annual Hike and Bike (or Trike!) event in Ridgewood.
Participants choose their own route – a three-mile hike, a three-mile bike ride or a 15-mile bike ride. And, for the first time this year, there will be a free hike or tricycle ride option for the under 5 set.
Regardless of how they roll, everyone starts and finishes at Van Neste Square, across from the Family Promise office at 100 Dayton St. The event goes on, rain or shine.
Registration is $20 per person in advance; $25 on site the day of the event; and free for kids under 5 with a registered adult. All funds raised directly benefit Family Promise’s programs for homeless working families with children.
Those who register online at http://www.firstgiving.com/familyPromise/family-promise-hike-or-bike-2016 ((or Click Here to Register!)) can join a team or create a new one.
By creating a personal fundraising page when they register, participants can spread the word and enlist financial support through email and social media. To be considered for prizes, cash, checks and online donations must be in on or by May 1.
All participants get a “Hike or Bike” T-shirt and goody bag (while supplies last). Each member of the top fundraising team wins a prize, plus a team prize. And anyone who raises $500 or more wins a prize and is eligible to win prizes donated by Sharp Electronics and a bicycle worth $500 donated by Cycle Sport of Park Ridge.
A few rules:
- Everyone must check in the day of the event and check back when you return from their hike or bike.
- Cyclists MUST wear a helmet – please bring your own, since they are not supplied.
- Everyone is required to sign a waiver form. Parents must sign for their children under age 18. Click here for a Waiver Form.
- Riders under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Noon: Check-in opens
- 1:00: 15-mile Bike begins
- 1:30: 3-mile Hike or Bike begins
- 3:00: Hike or Trike for kids under 5.
- 3:30: Refreshments, music, games, prizes and more!
Family Promise is the only organization in Bergen County dedicated to providing shelter and support to working families who become homeless.