Ways to Give to Family Promise
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation of any amount will directly help support our vision to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness for working families in Bergen County.
- Make a secure online donation via credit card.
- Text 833-540-0043 with the amount you would like to donate (example: 100). You will be prompted to register and enter your card information – and then you are done! Text “repeat” to make your gift recurring – weekly, monthly or annually.
- Mail a check payable to Family Promise of Bergen County at 100 Dayton Street, Ridgewood, NJ 07450.
- Call us at 201-833-8009 to make a donation via credit card.
- Donations received for specific programs that are in excess of the required funding needs of that program will be utilized for the area of greatest need.
Recurring, monthly gifts provide the consistent, sustained funding that allows us to support our families as they transform their lives.
Many companies will match their employees’ charitable contributions. Please contact your Human Resources Manager to see if your gift to Family Promise of Bergen County can be matched so your donation will have double the impact.
Family Promise of Bergen County’s sheltering and support programs benefit from generous in-kind donations each year. However, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and for the safety of our families, staff and donors, we are NOT accepting any in-kind donations except Shoprite, Stop & Shop, Aldi, and other gift cards, which can be mailed to our office. We are not accepting in-person drop-off of gift cards or other donations at the Family Center until further notice.
Many donors make gifts using appreciated stocks and mutual funds because of the tax advantages. We encourage you to consult your financial planner or tax advisor who can assist you in evaluating the tax advantages available to you when making a donation of appreciated securities.
Donor Advised Funds
Family Promise of Bergen County welcomes grants from all Donor Advised Funds (DAF). A DAF grant is an easy way to support our vision of a community where every working family has a stable home and the means to create a better life. For more information, or to inform us of your gift so we can thank you for your generosity, please contact Amy Ebeling at email@example.com or 201-833-8009.
Imagine being able to change the lives of hundreds of parents and children each year long after you are gone, while ensuring the organization you love continues to offer help and hope to families experiencing homelessness.
We invite you to join our legacy of hope that began in 1986 by making a planned gift and becoming a member of the Family Promise of Bergen County Legacy Society.
Local banks will contribute to Family Promise when you sign up for their programs, at no cost to you. This applies to existing banking customers or if you open a new account.